• Board contributors include instructors with "800" GMAT scores.
  • 95% of posts have replies within 24 hours.
  • Join for discounts with 800score, VeritasPrep and ManhattanGMAT

FAQ  - Register  - Search - Login 

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Goin' Crazy
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:39 pm 

Oh gee thanks for the help JP ! Is there anyone else that has any good, proven stress relief methods for this GMAT thing. I have been studying for months and its driving me mad. I cant sleep at night, I have lost weight, my nerves are mangled. I can't take it !!!!!!! I never knew one little test could turn my world upside down like that ! Anyoneeeeeeeeeee give me somethingggggggggg ! Arghhhhh

Post subject: Re: Goin' Crazy
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:00 pm 

I dunno about you Kelly, but after a long night of GMAT study, I reach for my loyal leopard stripped bowl hahahahhaa. It helps, it really does !

Post subject: Re: Goin' Crazy
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:08 pm 

Hey Kelly,

A lot of student are in the same boat as you. I certainly would not advocate illegal drug use, however, I would like to maybe talk to you a little bit about balancing the GMAT with the rest of your life. Yes ! its possible. Here are a few things to keep in mind. I hope they help you out.

(1) The GMAT is a test that plays a role in the determination of where you will attend business school. I assure you business school is considerably more difficult than the GMAT. The GMAT is just a test. It tests your ability to make creative use of your working knowledge. Being stressed out and anxious will thwart your ability to make creative use of anything.

(2) Set aside a fixed amount of time and a time slot that will be for GMAT study. Just like you may have classes at a certain time of the day for a certain duration, your GMAT study should be scheduled. Make sure before you begin with your studies you have eaten well, you are relaxed, and in generally good spirits. Usually 1.5 - 2 hours per day of focused study is the best way to go (based on my own field experience).

(3) As you study, set small goals. For example pick a topic, say rate problems, and work only on that one topic in your sitting.

(4) Do not migrate to other topics before you have mastered the topic at hand.

(5) Relax ! hang out with your friends and family, watch some television, do some recreational reading, exercise. Make sure that your GMAT study does not turn in to an obsession.

I hope that these tips are helpful for you. Lets us know your results if you decide to employ them ! I am confident that they will work for you. Good Luck

Steve